Friday 10 January 2014

Re-Write of 'Heat'


I finished reading 'Screenplay: Writing the Picture' by Russin and Downs, and found it brilliant, particularly on the structure of screenplays, and how to build up the suspense (Part 2).


I learnt so much I had to rip my screenplay 'Heat' apart, again, and re-structure. Just by deleting the scenes that had nothing to do with my central theme, and by moving half of a particularly dramatic scene to just before the climax,  the whole thing became much more intense.
 
Not sure what to do with it now I've finished it. A deep breath, a few days painting, and then I'll think of a strategy.
Someone once told me that the writing was only half the work, selling it was just as much work. I would say its more like 20:80. Getting through the door of Screen Queensland has proved impossible so far. Maybe I should just track down Jane Campion and thrust it at her!

No comments:

Post a Comment